Corporate Social responsibility
It is important to everyone who works at or for Zenobē Energy to work for a socially responsible organisation. We are committed to making a real and sustainable difference.
Purpose of the CSR Strategy
This strategy lays out the commitments Zenobē has made to CSR, and summarises the actions Zenobē will take over the 2019/20 financial year, towards operating in a socially responsible manner.
A number of plans and policies feed into the Zenobē CSR strategy have already been developed. These include:
- Environmental Policy – this sets out a variety of targets and how they can be reported against to ensure that Zenobē can be transparent and accountable in its annual sustainability assessment.
- Health and Safety Policy – Zenobē is committed to conducting its business in a manner that protects the health and safety of its employees, contractors, stakeholders and the public.
Zenobē wants to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect human rights. We’ll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labour) and have set out more detail in our Anti Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.
CSR Strategy commitments (2020/21)
Zenobē is committed to promoting the good work and initiatives of its staff members, particularly when their contribution has added value to a charitable organisation.
Zenobē will support individual sponsorship for involvement in activities such as running the London Marathon and taking part in charitable events.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment.
Examples of relevant activities include:
- Conserving energy
- Carbon offsetting
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies and as further detailed in our Environmental Policy.
We also want to support our bees who are rapidly declining and will raise money for a local bee charity over the course of the year.
Zenobē offers staff members half day a year, to dedicate to a voluntary project which will help give something back to the environment. We are currently looking into a suitable opportunity which reflects our commitment to renewable energy.