Abellio London Bus Depot
Zenobē provided financing and is operating a range of cost reducing and environmentally friendly solutions for bus operator Abellio in London.
Zenobe provided financing and is operating a range of cost reducing and environmentally friendly solutions for bus operator Abellio in London.
Abellio London planned to deploy 34 electric buses from their Walworth depot for TfL routes C10 (Canada Water to Victoria Station) and P5 (Patmore Estate to Elephant and Castle) but required battery financing and charging infrastructure services. Abellio’s current grid import capacity at their Walworth depot restricted the number of buses that could be charged at once. Additional space constraints also required any charging solution to be compact
Abellio needed a solution that could charge their electric buses quickly overnight and ready to go every morning.
Furthermore, Abellio needed a flexible charging solution to accommodate further fleet electrification at depot
Zenobē financed all 34 batteries on the bus through a managed service, guaranteeing that route mileage requirements are met throughout the duration of the contract.
Zenobē installed a stationary battery to support the grid when charging electric buses at peak periods using our bespoke software system.
This stationary battery will provide services to National Grid during the day, generating additional income, which in turn will reduce fees for Abellio.
Additionally, we financed all 34 batteries on the bus through a managed service, guaranteeing that route mileage requirements are met throughout the duration of the contract.
- We conducted a detailed study of mileages, energy efficiency for vehicle – route combination to determine grid and storage requirements
- Multiple DC chargers with ability to charge vehicles at >80kW
- Simple plug-and-play solution that is technology neutral. The bus operator plugs in their electric vehicle and Zenobē takes care of smart charging to guarantee a full charge everyday.
- Modular and move-able, quick to install
- Connected Zenobē proprietary dispatch and monitoring software
- Can be increased in size as Abellio decides to electrify more routes in the future or introduce more e-buses at the depot
tonnes CO2 saved from entering the atmosphere per year
kg of NOx saved from entering the atmosphere per year
- End-to-end solution
- Lower upfront and operating costs
- Reduced emissions
- Flexibility for the future
- Decreased noise pollution