Our end-to-end electrification solution provides fleet operators and local authorities with the solutions needed for the efficient operation of electric vehicle fleets, including charging infrastructure, battery replacement and award-winning EV fleet optimisation software.
Zenobē in Australia
Zenobē in Australia, bringing clean air and transport to Australia.
We’re driving the uptake of renewable energy and electric vehicle fleets in Australia.
Zenobē is committed to enabling the transition to zero-carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the innovative use of battery storage.
With our strong track record of project delivery in the United Kingdom and competitive financing, we’re driving the uptake of renewable energy and electric vehicle fleets in Australia. We’re making clean power and transport accessible on a global scale.
Looking to switch your fleet to electric? Or wondering how best to secure your electricity supply? Get in touch:
Australia’s largest next generation electric bus depot
Zenobē worked with Transgrid to deliver Australia’s largest electric bus project by creating the most sustainably advanced depot in the country.
A major first step into the region for Zenobē, this is also a leap forward for New South Wales and Transit Systems in delivering cleaner, greener transport.
Having committed to transition its 8,000 buses to zero-emission technology by 2030, Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) planned to transform its Leichhardt depot into a next-generation electric depot.
Housing Australia’s largest single fleet of 59 electric buses for global bus operator Transit Systems, the project presented a unique opportunity for Zenobē to scale its wealth of experience in battery storage and depot electrification. To deliver a sustainable depot that seamlessly integrates solar and battery technology with the electricity grid.
40 new electric buses for Transit Systems, with Zenobē's proprietary software installed across all 59 in the depot. Ready to manage the batteries for a fully operative, efficient service.
Zenobē’s unique end-to-end solution removed the financial, technical and operational risks of the transition, leveraging years of experience in the UK to deliver at scale, with guaranteed bus and charging performance.
- Zenobē oversaw the finance of all assets including the buses, replacement batteries, AC and DC fast chargers, on-site civil and electrical work, stationary storage and solar panels.
- We ensured all the required network infrastructure upgrades were made, including grid, solar and battery connections.
- Our market-leading software and telematics manage the bus charging and grid optimisation to ensure that the buses are fully charged to perform on their routes.
- Transit Systems can gain enhanced insights into their driver’s and vehicle’s performance so that the vehicle and battery’s longevity and maximised.
Zenobē Co-Founder and Director Steven Meersman explains that through the installation of on-site batteries, over 50 buses can be charged overnight for a full day of operation, without having a negative impact on the grid. Moreover, in the day the onsite battery storage unit will support the uptake of renewables on the Australian network, providing essential stability services.
“We are excited to be delivering this advanced infrastructure implementation supported by our end-to-end software, which will seamlessly manage the fleet charging process, as well as the resulting power requirements.”
Zenobē Country Director for Australia and New Zealand Gareth Ridge said that it is our ability to wrap the entire service solution from to end-to-end removing key technology risks that de-risks and supports large-scale electrification.
“The Zenobē offering leverages years of experience in the United Kingdom, where we have successfully proven that we can deliver this model at scale with guaranteed bus and charging performance for the end customer”
“It is exciting to be bringing this market leading knowledge, software and expertise to Australia to support NSW and Australia’s transition to zero emissions”.
new electric buses powered by Zenobē on the streets of Sydney
electric buses managed by Zenobē’s proprietary software
tonnes of CO2 saved from entering the atmosphere per year
- We received strong support from the Federal Government in the form of $5 million from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA), as well as important debt finance from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC)
- Zenobē will share valuable learnings with the industry, from construction through to deployment, through ARENA’s Knowledge Sharing Reports. These reports will be an invaluable public resource for the Australian bus sector as it transition 1000’s of buses over the coming decade