At Zenobē we want to go beyond what is required for compliance in relation to our environmental impact. Quite apart from any moral considerations, becoming more efficient and sustainable reduces costs both for us and our customers.
Our goals are to reduce our overall carbon footprint by embedding environmental controls and practices into the daily management of the company and thereby encourage positive behaviour from our staff to achieve a greener culture. We plan to become carbon neutral by the end of financial year 2019/20.
Identifying our impact
The first step has been to measure what we want to manage. This means that we now compile data that allows us to accurately track progress and produce annual Carbon reports. We have improved our reporting systems for expenses and travel, a substantial part of our environmental impact.
Zenobē’s most significant impacts on the environment are:
- Travel – Air, road and rail transport used to visit our clients
- Electricity – lighting, heating and cooling our offices, charging our batteries, running office machinery.
- Other resources – paper and IT equipment
- Waste – including paper, newsprint, plastic, toners and lT equipment waste
To address the above areas Zenobē makes the following commitments:
- Measurement – Collect and analyse data on significant environmental impacts outlined above
- Targets – Set and regularly review commitments to ensure continual improvement in our environmental performance
- Energy Use – Regularly evaluate current and future energy use to identify potential firm wide reductions
- Carbon Neutrality – we will offset our carbon footprint
Engaging our Employees
We commit to promoting an environmentally aware culture and providing the necessary toots for staff to support us in achieving our environmental goats in the following areas:
Resource Use – Reducing the energy and resources used; and recycling what cannot be reused
Travel – Avoiding unnecessary business travel or choosing the most environmentally friendly mode of transport consistent with business needs