Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Job Function – Tax & Accounting
Zenobē is an EV fleet and battery storage specialist helping organisations power towards net zero by switching diesel fleets to electric and by accelerating the uptake of renewable energy.
We have been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. We’re backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and are uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception and numerous projects in the pipeline, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Due to continued success, we are looking to hire a Tax Accountant to support the accounts team with day-to-day accounting tasks. This is a critical role to the business that will essentially support the continued growth of the wider business. The role will take support the Head of Finance & Tax on both UK and International tax matters of the group and support the wider team with accounting matters whilst a new business wide finance system is implemented.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Assist in preparation of monthly management financial statements / consolidated group financial statements for fifty SPVs and parent co;
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements for over fifty SPVs and parent co;
- Assist in liaison with external auditors / prepare supporting schedules (over ten audits);
- Assist with preparation of weekly cashflow forecasts;
- Assist in variance analysis: group / project CAPEX budgets v outturn.
- Work closely with our external Global Tax Advisor to assist on the group’s international tax requirements and ensure the group are compliant with tax legislation
- Review monthly VAT returns for group / SPVs;
- Review of corporation tax returns / tax computations for over fifty SPVs;
- Tax planning on restructuring / refinancing of group
- Preparation of supporting accounting schedules for R&D tax credits, capital allowances (£’000ms of expenditure forecast over the next three years), patent box claims & other ad-hoc accounting work.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within an accounting capacity either in house or in practise.
- ACA/CTA/CIMA Qualified
- Proven track record of tax specific experience either working for a practice or industry with exposure to R&D Tax credit, Capital allowances, CT Compliance, Patent Box (Desirable although not essential).
- Proven track record of working successfully in a team with the ability to take on feedback and review points
- Ability to work upon own initiative and review own work
- Our Head Office is based in London although we do promote flexible working
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally – we have a friendly and welcoming office environment compromised of industry recognised senior stakeholders and upcoming Engineers
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus and company share plan
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.