Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – London, remote working
Job Function – PPA, Pricing
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Due to continued success, we are looking to hire for an experienced Pricing Manager who has great commercial acumen and a strong network within the renewable energy industry who will help drive forward further growth for the business.
This is a critical role offering long term growth and whilst this position will be responsible for the pricing and BD focus initially, we will also be looking to hire for a Sales Manager to work closely with this person.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Manage the full sales cycle for Zenobē EV fleet customer power purchase agreement (PPA) opportunities. This includes preparing the underlying energy supply / PPA pricing proposal for Zenobē’s EV fleet customer through to the executing the PPA contract.
- Ensure the Zenobē EV Fleet team meets our annual PPA income target by supporting our customers energy supply requirements. Zenobē would be managing and operating the charging infrastructure on the customers site and to support our full turnkey charging offering we aim to also provide our EV fleet customer with the energy required to support their electric operations.
- Preparing PPA commercial offerings for Zenobē ‘s EV Fleet customers. Working closely with the Zenobē Commercial Analytics team to formulate the pricing for Zenobē ‘s energy supply offering.
- Developing the Zenobē fleet teams PPA product offering and market strategy including our approach to hedging. This includes formulating innovative energy supply products that meet the Zenobē EV fleet customers objectives.
- Handling the PPA contract execution process with Zenobē ‘s EV fleet customer with support from the Zenobē Legal team. Responsible for executing and managing supporting contracts with energy suppliers and/or power offtake agreements with renewable generators.
- Manage and develop underlying energy supplier relationships who will provide underlying energy. Key target to focus on procuring power at a price that meets our economic return requirements to ensure we can offer a competitive PPA offering to Zenobē EV fleet customers.
- Formulating energy purchase hedging strategy to ensure we can provide competitive PPA’s to Zenobē ‘s EV fleet customers whilst ensuring Zenobē ‘s risk exposure is well managed.
- Investigate market for new and innovative solutions to lower our costs including trades to directly hedge in the wholesale markets.
- Extensive network in the industry, with a successful business development background and ability to create strong partnerships.
- Manage Zenobē ‘s PPA customer portfolio including monitoring expiry / renewal dates of existing PPA contracts and proactively engage with customers.
- Good knowledge of the effects of commodity and non-commodity price movements, and ability to communicate internally & externally.
- Good knowledge of shape and how it impacts pricing.
- Verification of commercial elements of contracts with in-house legal team.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position with both commercial and pricing experience
- Degree qualified within an Engineering or Finance capacity
- Extensive knowledge of the market and ability to provide innovative solutions with a focus on budget and optimization
- Strong experience selling, signing and executing corporate PPA or power offtake agreements within renewables and buying/ selling short term and longer dates PPA’s directly
- Experience of structuring direct corporate PPAs
- Ability to work collaboratively with wider teams and the ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus and company share plan
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.