Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – London, remote working
Job Function – Operations, Project Management
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Zenobē is looking for a driven and pragmatic team member to work alongside Field Operations, Construction and Product teams to scope, plan and deliver operational projects. As a part of Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring that client services, project delivery dates and service level agreements are met for all commercial projects entering the operational phase. Clear and timely communications of progress and effective stakeholder management is essential.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
You will be responsible for managing jobs from end-to-end, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to ensure seamless and efficient running of all daily operations. You will set up and be responsible for efficient running of all daily shipping and logistics of stock and spare parts, processing invoices on a weekly basis to ensure all our logistics partners are paid correctly, ensuring relevant documentation is completed for each job/project and escalating any issues as and when they arise to the Field Operations Manager.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You can communicate effectively and credibly with technical colleagues / electrical engineers and have strong technical literacy.
- You are great at taking abstract technical concepts and making them easily understood by non-technical stakeholders – making the complex simple.
- You are a curious and proactive problem-solver – operations for you can include aspects of R&D when needs be, that’s the nature of scale-ups and you handle it with confidence.
- You are adaptable – growth means fast-pace and constant change, you handle uncertainty with a positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Ideally you have a degree in Energy Systems or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience working for a renewable energy company (EESS, solar PV, EVCP);
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience with Elastic Search, AWS products
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus and company share plan
- Central London offices in St James.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.