Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Job Function – Tax & Accounting
Zenobē is an EV fleet and battery storage specialist helping organisations power towards net zero by switching diesel fleets to electric and by accelerating the uptake of renewable energy.
We have been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. We’re backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and are uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception and numerous projects in the pipeline, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Due to our continuous success and growth, we are looking to hire a Senior Accounts Clerk to play a key part in the smooth running of the Finance function. The position will be accountable for the day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities within the finance team, including day to day maintenance of the finance system and reviewing junior members of the team’s work.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Posting of purchase invoices, including inter-company invoices, and matching invoices to purchase orders;
- Liaising with the Business Development team to ensure sales invoice are accurate and distributed on a timely basis;
- Reviewing aged debtors and creditors ledgers and chasing receipts / making payments where appropriate;
- Ensuring correct VAT treatment of purchase invoices and preparing VAT returns;
- Creation of domestic and overseas payment runs;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any disputes in respect of purchase and sales invoices;
- Managing junior team members;
- Ensuring all invoice documentation is filed;
- Liaising with auditors and providing reports as required in timely manner;
- Identifying correct allocation of purchase invoices – including posting and reconciliation of fixed assets and other balance sheet items;
- Processing payroll;
- Reviewing project spend and operational expenditure vs budget, including meetings with project managers to track progress of live projects;
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Other ad hoc duties as required to support the operational finance team.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a group Finance function containing a number of legal entities
- Qualified AAT or qualified/part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Experience of using a medium enterprise finance system such as Netsuite, SAP, ByDesign etc
- Proficient user on Excel
- Proven track record of working successfully in a team with the ability to take on feedback and review points
- Ability to work upon own initiative and review own work
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike shed and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.