Project Manager/Coordinator – Belgium – Initially Home based /Full time /Permanent
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has 2 main domains : gridscale battery storage and turnkey Electric vehicle projects. We are the UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale batteries. We are also the leading firm in the delivery of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle (EV) fleets, including EV charging infrastructure, and the provision of EV buses/batteries. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
We are headquartered in the UK and have operations in Australia and are now building up operations in Belgium and the Netherlands (“Benelux”).
This is a unique opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and help build up a new and exciting business in Benelux. Both energy storage and electric vehicles are two of the fastest growing and dynamic sectors globally. You will be directly contributing to the Energy Transition, supporting the roll-out of renewable energy across Benelux as well as the electrification of the fossil-fuel based vehicle fleet.
Our current and planned activities in the Benelux region are as follows:
- We have several contracted or in-development small-scale BESS projects (Battery Energy Storage Systems) and are actively monitoring tenders for EV projects.
- We have taken a substantial minority shareholder position in a 2nd life BESS integrator based in the Netherlands and wish to work very closely together in future
- We are actively pursuing several tenders for electric bus projects
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager/Co-ordinator to be first person on the ground to drive delivery of our current opportunities. This role will report into the General Manager Benelux . The role would preferably be based in Belgium though we would consider a base in Netherlands. In either case, regular travel between the two countries would be expected, subject to tax residency regulations. Candidates must be fluent in Dutch & English (other languages would be a bonus, especially French is highly desirable).
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Drive projects from development and sales handover to client and O&M handover.
- Responsible for the coordination of specific projects design, construction, commissioning incl. day-to-day project management.
- Responsible for ensuring that the site you are responsible for are operating in line with latest Health and Safety regulations
- Manages projects from inception to completion ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope and budget and to the agreed design.
- Review all project documents and information provided by a client/sub-contractor throughout the design process
- Prepare a detailed project budget, which needs to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project
- Manages and supervises subcontractors’ PoW and scope
- Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources as well as prepare weekly, and monthly progress reports both internally and for clients.
- Capture and report on any budget variations internally
- Responsible for the handover of the project to the internal O&M team.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to get quotes, challenge them and identify risks to be managed as well as cost savings opportunities
- Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- A genuine passion in business and our social and environmental mission.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management & coordination. Strong experience in driving multiple subcontractors in the construction & electrical world.
- Knowledge of the Benelux (or one or more of its sub-regions) construction and/or energy landscape
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and MS Project or equivalent project managment tools such as Asana, etc.
- Strong knowledge of H&S and Environmental regulations for design and construction, Quality standards and industry best practice, Mandatory SMSTS ticket.
- Good understanding of construction build progress
- Able to demonstrate client-facing and stakeholder management experience
- Fully proficient with measuring and reading electrical drawings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at once
- Ability to be flexible with working locations which will be a combination of working from home, an office and client sites to conduct surveys and estimates
- Full Driving License
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Electrical engineering knowledge, particularly relating to grid-scale power electronics or battery technology and operation
- Experience in a tendering environment
- Demonstrable experience in estimating costs and conducting surveys of prospective sites
- Ability to use CAD or other design software
- Network Management/ Network Engineering
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.