Seniority Level – Mid-Senior level
Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time
Job Functions – Business Development, Sales, Project Management
Zenobē was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
We are looking to recruit a commercially and technically astute business development professional with experience in the battery storage market to support the growth of our power network infrastructure business. The candidate will bring a good understanding of electricity markets and battery storage applications, have a proven experience of working with relevant customers, and have the capability and credibility to develop projects.
Working with the Directors and other members of our Business Development team, the candidate will be able to manage the day to day aspects of the sales process from origination to contract closure. The role integrates with team members in finance, legal, engineering and construction to put together complex, high-value business cases or bids, and negotiate contracts. The role includes liaising with clients and external stakeholders. A key part of this role will be supporting local partners and local team on international projects in North America and Australia markets. The candidate will shape the international expansion strategy and delivery of this strategy. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Supporting origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects in the UK and internationally
- Identifying and developing new opportunities in strategic markets
- Developing strategic partnerships to support the growth internationally
- Liaising with local partners and local team in strategic markets to develop compelling propositions
- Contributing to Network & Infrastructure strategy in particular for international expansion
- Building financial models with the support of supply chain and finance teams
- Understanding the impact of regulatory requirements and various applications (trading, ancillary services, balancing mechanism) on each project’s and client’s business case
- Building proposals to submit into tenders
- Supporting day-to-day activities of project management between HQ and local teams until the construction stage after the closure of the deals
- Contributing to the strategy process – including identifying opportunities to take Zenobe experience to other target markets (e.g. US/AUS)
A BIT ABOUT YOU
A job with Zenobē means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners.
- Fluent in PowerPoint
- Outstanding excel skills
- High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) preferably in engineering, and or finance related
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
- Solid work experience (7-10 years) in commercial / business development in the energy sector (B2B) preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts, project development and project financing
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial models and sales pitches
- Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail
- Experience of International BD within the energy market
- Strong leadership skills with growth mindset
- Results oriented who is not scared of taking accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate people
- Ability to deliver results within budget
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
- Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobe. Apart from the unparalled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobe community;
- At Zenobe we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus and company share plan
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Zenobe is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.