Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – UK Wide – Working as a mix of home office, in office and visiting prospective projects.
Job Function – Technical Sales, Electrical Engineering
Zenobē is an EV fleet and battery storage specialist helping organisations power towards net zero by switching diesel fleets to electric and by accelerating the uptake of renewable energy.
We have been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. We’re backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and are uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception and numerous projects in the pipeline, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for Electrical Estimator to apply their skills to the development of our commercial electric vehicle projects. In our rapidly growing company, we are looking for adaptable, highly motivated, and talented individuals to join us. The chosen candidate will be given significant opportunities to develop their careers early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
The role will be to work as part of the Technical Sales team in the early development stage of projects both from a sales and engineering perspective. The role will support the growth of our EV fleet projects and the candidate will be responsible for conducting surveys, estimating costs and designing layouts, ensuring all client requirements are achieved.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Visit current and prospective job sites to carry out surveys and develop strong relationships with the client, build confidence and evaluate the work required
- Create initial project designs during the bidding phase highlighting any engineering difficulties
- Understand the selection and application of High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) equipment
- Create project estimates
- Support the Business Development (BD) Team with commercial proposals and technical documentation
- Provide technical support when presenting to clients
- Examine project particulars to determine the kind and time period of work necessary for the works
- Identify opportunities to reduce project risk, project costs or project duration
- Assist in the engineering technical solutions to overcome potential issues
- Liaise with Distribution Network Operators (DNO’s) by applying for capacity increases or understand any grid constraints
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to better understand products coming to market
- Create layouts using design software such as AutoCAD
- Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation
- Help prepare Request for Tender (RfT) documentation
- Work closely with the Delivery Team to ensure a smooth handover of all information from sales through to construction
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Good understanding of construction build process
- Experience in a tendering environment
- Must have an electrical engineering background, HV specific experience
- Demonstratable experience in estimating costs and conducting surveys of prospective sites
- Able to demonstrate client-facing and stakeholder management experience
- Fully proficient with measuring and reading electrical drawings
- Proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Fluency in English is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at once
- Ability to be flexible with working locations which will be a combination of working from home, the office in London and client sites to conduct surveys and estimates
- Full UK Driving License
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Previous experience working on electrical infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of the UK EV and/or public transport and/or construction and/or energy landscape
- Experience building bid libraries to improve our bids in tenders on an ongoing basis
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.