Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – London, remote working
Job Function – Product
Zenobē is an EV fleet and battery storage specialist helping organisations power towards net zero by switching diesel fleets to electric and by accelerating the uptake of renewable energy.
We have established ourselves as a UK market leader in battery storage, now with 225MW of contracted storage assets helping electricity networks provide clean, reliable and affordable power. With around 25% market share of the EV bus sector in the UK, we are a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. With the full life cycle of our products in mind, we are also a leader in second-life battery solutions – repurposing batteries after their first use.
We have been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. We’re backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and are uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception and with numerous projects in the pipeline, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking to hire for an experienced and motivated Data Engineer to join out Product team. The Data Engineer will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all activities relating to the integration of data access across various sources into an organized and unified view. The individual will also be responsible for monitoring the data flow between databases , servers and cloud services to identify and implement the most suitable DI architecture for the organisations needs.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Orchestrate integration projects and corresponding strategies
- Plan, execute and manage the strategic integration of new data and data stores into existing systems and infrastructure
- Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfil end user requirements and identify and resolve system issues
- Ensure that integration planning and practise are aligned with business goals and the companies overall strategic vision
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives
- Ensure the collection and coherent interpretation of various business processes affected by integration efforts
- Work diligently to enhance and improve business processes via integration, or, as necessary minimise the impact of integration on those processes
- Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings
- Frequently compare DI solutions with those available in the market to assess and monitor levels of service provided by current vendors
- Review data quality, addressing any issues through the creation of new process or adjustment of the DI architecture
- Measure and manage SLA’s of the DI architecture
- Where necessary provide guidance to other members of the team
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution
- Analyse user requirements for reports, forms, queries and data extraction
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4 + Years of experience building data pipelines using technologies such as AWS Glue, AWS Kinesis, Databricks, Spark, ElasticSearch, AWS S3
- 4 + Years’ of SQL and Python experience (No-SQL, specifically DynamoDB, experience is a plus)
- 2 + Years of experience working with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Grafana, Tableau
- Experience with Schema design and dimensional data modelling
- Ability to construct and present data warehousing plans to internal stakeholders
- Experience working in a cross functional scrum team using Jira
- Experience implementing data infra dev ops best practices with tools such as GitLab or Bitbucket
- Experience working and communicating with advanced Data Science teams and Business Analysts
- Experience in IoT, energy, mobility or traded markets a plus
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- Wider benefits package is provided
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.