Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero-carbon, non-polluting power, and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage. The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 175MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity, and is now a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation, and c. of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Specifically, we are looking to recruit a commercially and technically astute business development professional with experience in the battery storage market to support the growth of the Network & Infrastructure businesses. The candidate will bring a good understanding of electricity markets and battery storage applications, have a proven experience of working with relevant customers, and have the capability and credibility to develop projects. Working with the Directors and other members of the BD team, the candidate will be able to manage the day-to-day aspects of the sales process from origination to contract closure. The role integrates with team members in finance, legal, engineering, and construction to put together complex, high-value business cases or bids, and negotiate contracts. The role includes liaising with clients and external stakeholders. A key part of this role will be supporting local partners and local teams on international projects in North America and Australian markets. The candidate will shape the international expansion strategy and delivery of this strategy. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
- Supporting origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects in the UK and internationally
- Identifying and developing new opportunities in strategic markets
- Developing strategic partnerships to support the growth internationally
- Liaising with local partners and local team in strategic markets to develop compelling propositions
- Contributing to Network & Infrastructure strategy in particular for international expansion
- Building financial models with the support of supply chain and finance teams
- Understanding the impact of regulatory requirements and various applications (trading, ancillary services, balancing mechanism) on each project’s and client’s business case
- Preparing high-quality internal InvestCom papers
- Building proposals to submit into tenders
- Supporting the closure of deals
- Supporting day-to-day activities of project management between HQ and local teams until the construction stage after the closure of the deals
- Developing sales and marketing materials, speaking at and attending conferences as appropriate
- Contributing to the strategy process – including identifying opportunities to take Zenobe experience to other target markets (e.g. US/AUS)
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest-growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners.
- Fluent in PowerPoint
- Outstanding Excel skills
- High-quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) preferably in engineering, and or finance-related
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
- Solid work experience (7-10 years) in commercial/business development in the energy sector (B2B) preferably in the energy storage or renewables sectors
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts, project development and project financing
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial models and sales pitches
- Strong organisation skills, team player, and good attention to detail
- Knowledge of the UK energy landscape
- Knowledge of the US and Australian energy landscapes
- Strong leadership skills with a growth mindset
- Uninterruptible focus on strategy
- Results oriented who is not scared of taking accountability
- Ability to manage and motivate people
- Ability to deliver results within budget
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
- Desire to work in a fast-moving, high pressure, and entrepreneurial environment
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience. Good opportunity for personal growth and responsibility.