Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage. The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle (EV) fleets, including EV charging infrastructure, and the provision of EV buses/batteries.
The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Zenobē has raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, has one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses and we are rapidly growing and looking for talented hires to drive further growth. We are based in the UK and have operations in Australia and are now building up operations in Belgium and the Netherlands (“Benelux”).
We are currently looking to hire for a Business Development Manager based in the Netherlands to take a lead in market development of Zenobē’s Battery and Charging point propositions. This is a critical Customer facing role, you will be responsible for leading end to end sales cycle including identification of potential clients, preparing pitches and presentations to demonstrate our solution, and ultimately managing client negotiations. You will work collaboratively with our UK teams to ensure we are providing the best propositions.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Business Development of Zenobē’s battery/ charging propositions. Manage executed client relationships to generate further income
- Land customer mandates for Zenobē proposition to generate income meeting the necessary levels of returns
- Prepare pitches, customer transaction proposals, term sheets and investment committee papers for presentation to customers and senior Zenobē Stakeholders
- Lead customer (Bus Operator/ C&I) Pitches and prepare presentation material
- Manage commercial negotiations with customer’s and execute new contracts/ transactions
- Complete commercial analysis ahead of client propositions to ensure they are commercially viable
- Develop Zenobē’s commercial service propositions
- Implement transaction processes including risk control mechanisms
- Contribute to the Strategic direction of the business and key areas of sales focus/ target customer base
- Championing Zenobē in the external transport and C&I market/ Developing marketing material to support growth
- Manage and develop key relationships with bus operators, fleet companies, C&I high energy consumers, OEM’s of Ebuses and chargers, Debt financiers including banks, investment funds and speciality asset finance houses along with external legal contacts to support with the execution of Ebus transactions
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Competent in managing, developing and building customer relationships
- 7-10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong origination skills to be able to identify and develop new transaction opportunities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Ability to lead client proposals/ pitches and internal credit/ capital approval processes
- Manage legal and commercial negotiations and be able to execute transactions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced working environment, managing multiple projects
- Solid finance background particularly in asset finance/ secured lending
- Good working background of the Dutch government/ Infrastructure markets
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.