Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time, Permanent
Location – London, remote working
Job Function – Business Development
Zenobē is an EV fleet and battery storage specialist helping organisations power towards net zero by switching diesel fleets to electric and by accelerating the uptake of renewable energy.
We have been consistently innovative since we were founded in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. We’re backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and are uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception and numerous projects in the pipeline, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for outstanding graduates with a passion for fighting climate change to apply their degree skills to the management of energy storage and electric vehicle projects. In our rapidly growing company, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across the business and strengthen your skill set whilst shaping your own career progression.
We are looking for associates who will support our EV Fleet division. You will be a key member of the team primarily running data analytics, financial modelling, creating presentations and supporting our Business Development Directors and Senior Associates in the delivery of client proposals. Tasks will vary according to the sector and client but will include:
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Research into potential customers and understanding of their requirements
- Analysis of customer fleet operation data to understand potential power requirements on site
- Designing on site charging infrastructure alongside the Technical Sales team
- Building business cases and running financial scenarios to identify potential solutions for out clients
- Working collaboratively with the Bidding and Analytics team to understand changes in the power markets
- Liaising with the Procurement team to understand change in capital and operational costs
- Structuring debt funding of new projects with the Corporate Finance team
- Identifying ways to manage risk for Zenobē and our clients
- Be proactive in thinking about new ways of delivering value for clients
- Development of client presentation materials
- Creation of presentations for Investment Committee meetings
A BIT ABOUT YOU
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners. We are open to applicants from all academic areas, however the below skills and a strong interest in sustainability are essential.
- Fluent in PowerPoint
- Strong excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution
- A solid team player with a collaborative and consultative approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity to think beyond conventional solutions
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility
- Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands
- Attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
- Proven record of success
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Electrical engineering knowledge, particularly relating to grid-scale power electronics or battery technology and operation
- Knowledge of the UK energy landscape
- Previous experience in any client-facing role
- Python skills
We have an open, honest and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the net-zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Vitality Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Death In Service benefit – 4 x Base Salary
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme – We support employee’s who are interested in an EV Vehicle
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.