Seniority Level – Associate
Industry – Renewables & Environment
Employment Type – Full-time
Location – Sydney, Australia
Job Functions – Business Development, Sales, Project Management
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage. The company has established itself as market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets.
The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth. Our Australia team has been established for around 18 months and currently consists of a fast growing and high performing team who have been responsible for winning successful projects across the Australia/ New Zealand regions.
We are looking to recruit a commercially and technically astute business development professional to support growth within both electric vehicle fleet and battery storage projects. The candidate should have working experience within an engineering or management consultancy, or alternatively an investment banking background with exposure to the wider energy market and ideally have some Analytical or Financial modelling experience. Working with the Directors and other members of the BD team, the candidate will be able to manage the day to day aspects of the sales process from origination to contract closure.
The role integrates with team members in finance, legal, engineering and construction to put together complex, high-value contracts and includes liaising with clients and external stakeholders. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines. This is an attractive role for someone that wants to develop and grow their career as we grow our business.
A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Develop compelling business proposals and supporting the customer relationship to contract close
- Building financial models and customer centred EV charging and/or battery solutions with the support of project management, supply chain and finance teams
- Contributing to build a strong pipeline of new business across the electric vehicle fleet/ battery storage market
- Supporting the closure of deals through assisting with the contracting, legal and investment committee processes
- Supporting day-to-day activities of project management until the construction stage after the closure of the deals
- Understanding the impact of energy regulatory and market requirements and various applications on each project business case
- Developing sales and marketing materials
- Helping manage client relationships post contract close as appropriate
- Contributing to the strategy process – including identifying opportunities to take Zenobē experience to other target markets
A BIT ABOUT YOU
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the Australia’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners.
- Fluent in PowerPoint
- Outstanding excel skills
- Client facing experience
- High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) in engineering or finance related
- A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
- Solid work experience (2-5 years) in an analytical capacity ideally within the energy, transportation, finance or consulting sectors.
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts and project financing
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial models and sales pitches
- Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail
- Ability to work in the Sydney office and travel when necessary
- Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Experience in energy storage, renewables, and/or EV infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Australia and New Zealand energy and fleet transport landscapes
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience. Excellent opportunities for career growth.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.