Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK’s EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
We are looking for an Assistant Electrical Project Manager to join our Delivery team. Reporting to our Head of Construction you’ll have the opportunity to assist in the delivery of some of the largest battery energy storage assets in the UK (>50MW in size).
This could be an exciting opportunity for a recent engineering graduate or someone from a trade background looking to progress into a Project Management position. Your focus will be to support the design and build process, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Due to the nature of this role strong communication skills are essential to ensure you are delivering the best service to Distribution Network Operators, National Grid, contractors, third party interfaces and the wider team.
The role requires flexibility of work location due to the nature of project delivery, however it should be noted that the majority of upcoming projects will be Scotland based. You’ll be predominately site and home based with occasional travel to the Zenobē head office in London.
A day in the life of an Assistant Electrical Project Manager
- Provide support and input to the project design stages, providing guidance on constructability and operability
- Ensure competence of the workforce and ensure all activities are undertaken in a safe manner and in line with internal and regulatory HSE policies and standards including compliance with CDM
- Support the development, implement, and adhere to the requirements of the Project Quality Plan within the area of responsibility
- Develop relationships with the contractors in an effort to promote a long-term approach to safety and supplier performance at the construction site
- Manage all on site interfaces including works related to grid connections both at distribution and transmission level
- Ensuring adequate design safety risk assessments in relation to Construction are undertaken, monitoring and ensuring close out of actions where appropriate.
- Responsible for various other day to day activities on site and ensuring the programme of works is defined between all contractors for upcoming activities
What we’re looking for in an Assistant Electrical Project Manager
- Passion for Electrical Infrastructure projects and renewable Energy
- Familiar and up to date with design developments, statutory regulations, codes of practice and industry standards in relation to Construction
- Good level of administration skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills both internally and as client interface
- SMSTS Certified
- APM, Prince2 or equivalent Project Management Qualification
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualified
We have an open, honest, and trusting culture here at Zenobē. Apart from the unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobē community;
- At Zenobē we all work hard and go the extra mile so it’s important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years’ service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility plus a training budget
- 20% performance related bonus
- As COVID restrictions ease we will return to our central London offices in St James. Due to our rapid growth we are looking to expand our office base in the coming months and this will still be in central London.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Vitality Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Death In Service benefit – 4 x Base Salary
- EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme – We support employees who are interested in an electric vehicle
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- Refer a friend bonus of £1500 for introducing great talent into our community
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Zenobē is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.